- CLASSIC: George Gissing's The odd women OR something by Trollope
- DEBUT NOVEL by MARIE'S TOM'S PARTNER!: Madelaine Dickie's Troppo
- 2016 PRIME MINISTER'S LITERARY AWARD WINNER: Lisa Gorton's The life of houses
- 2016 MILES FRANKLIN WINNER: AS Patrić's Black rock white city
- NOVEL REFLECTING DIVERSITY: Rabih Alameddine's An unnecessary woman (see Wikipedia, though I believe that the theme is more about older women than Wiki's description) OR an indigenous Australian writer
- MEMOIR: Barbara Blackman's All my Januaries or Magda Szubanski's Reckoning or Kim Mahood's Position doubtful
Just putting ideas together folks to get the thought processes going...